The Agency Record Blog
I’m glad you asked this question because I’m probably more excited about the potential of this new media opportunity than any other!
Podcasting is a combination of an internet broadcast with RSS delivery. In other words, if someone creates an audio series, and they publish it on a web site equipped with RSS, then anyone can subscribe to the feed and automatically get the new audio files when they are released. It’s sort of like setting the VCR or TiVo to record your favorite show for you, so you can listen or watch at your convenience. Listeners can listen on a computer, laptop, or an iPod or other digital media device. It works with video, and eBook content as well!
Because the vast majority of US internet users now have broadband internet connections at home or at work, guess what kinds of files types have become the most popular? If you are thinking mp3 and video files, you’re right! Imagine if your business offered audio/video content to visitors. Imagine if they could subscribe via RSS to know the moment new content became available for download!
Podcast and audio/video content uses for web sites:
- Audio testimonials
- Video product demonstrations
- Helpful tips, hints and advice for frequently asked questions
- Extend value to your customers by providing entertaining content in relevant subjects, and win their loyalty for life!
- Give your visitors something to spread for you by letting them send an email link to the podcast or online video.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field by podcasting helpful information to people hungry for answers.
- Overcome poor image or reputation as an employer by providing audio endorsements from happy employees on your hiring web page.
- Encourage participation in a web-based contest
- Advertise in dozens of free podcast directories, including iTunes!
The creative uses are endless, and Harkins Creative just loves to find new ways to capitalize on this opportunity. Let us know about your project, and we’ll be happy to put our creative minds to the task.
Here’s an example of a podcast you can play right now!
No comments yet.